Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Loves me? or Loves me not?


Loves me? or Loves me not? This is the question that I need your help answering. This year for Christmas, David gave me an air filter for my vacuum.  (Oh, I mean an odor eliminating vacuum filter- I better give you all of the details to be fair to David)  So what do you think? Does he love me?

VOTE BEFORE READING ON.

Shortly after he bought this for me he saw the JCPenny Dog House movie clip that has been e-mailed around. He forwarded it to me one day and that's when I knew that he must already be putting himself in the dog house. Anyway, our 6th Year Wedding Anniversary is on Feb. 14th this year and so I think it's a fitting time for this Valentine season. 

Alright, so here is the full story. Every holiday or special occasion I usually start hearing complaining about two weeks prior and up to the night before the special event. His usual suggestion is "Wouldn't you rather be able to pick out something that you really like, rather than have me guess?" I always tell him that it's the thought that counts not the gift.

Well this Christmas was different. I didn't hear any of the usual complaining and he walked into a store and really put a lot of thought and actually tried to find something that I need. He honestly and sincerely thought he picked out a great gift. So does he love me? I say YES! It meant a lot to me that he would take a little time and really try to think of something rather than getting the standard gift of Blue Roses or whatever.  (Some of you may not know the blue roses story you can ask me for details if you like.) 

Love you babe, sorry I had to pick on you a little:)

4 comments:

The Davis' said...

I'll just say that we ALL and I mean ALL of us at Insight Ventures tried to warn David. The video apparently was not enough. Ha he felt good about his gift, thought you would really like it so we all realized there was nothing more we could do. Ha maybe better luck next time..Valentines? Gives us the hints and we'll help you out while we're at work! Too funny!

Unknown said...

It's even Twin Chamber! That's amazing! I think they are pretty rare, and they might not even make them anymore. I wish I had one!

Stephanie said...

I would say he does love you IN SPITE of his gift:) He tried, he's a guy, what more can be said?? I think we have all been there with our own husbands at some point or another. I must admit too, I am jamming to your playlist. It takes me back to high school!!! Ha ha ha :)

Keith and Shasta said...

I love it! This story is the best! I had to laugh that you posted it, because I think it is so cute that he got it for you. He loves you for sure!